Lebanon Wilson County Chamber of Commerce Scholarship
Sponsored by Lebanon Wilson Country Chamber of Commerce for $1,000.00
If attending Cumberland University, matching funds will be provided for a total scholarship of $2,000.00
- Student must be an entering as full-time freshman, graduating from a Wilson County high school.
- Student must have a minimum ACT score of 20 or SAT of 1060
- Student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Student must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Student must submit all the requested information on or before the specified deadline
Student must provide the requested information in the following order:
1. Completed application
2. Essay (limited to two pages) to include:
a. Why this scholarship is important to you
b. Why you deserve this scholarship
c. Any special considerations you wish the committee to make
3. Transcripts verifying Grade Point Average (Transcripts should be from all schools attended)
4. Copy of ACT results
5. Copy of FAFSA
6. Two letters of reference from teacher or guidance counselor
1. Application completed and returned to the Lebanon Wilson Chamber of Commerce Office by 4:30 p.m. on April 18, 2019
2. Scholarship Committee reviews applications by April 25, 2019 and chooses three finalists.
a. Vice-Chairperson of Lebanon Wilson County Chamber of Commerce Education Division will serve as
b. Members of Committee will be appointed by Committee Chair.
3. Candidates not selected are notified by mail. Finalists notified by phone.
4. Interview may be required.
5. Candidates will be notified of decision upon completion of the process.
6. Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 9, 2019 and asked to attend Education Committee Meeting TBA.
7. Scholarship checks are written to winner’s University of Choice on behalf of winner. Money deposited in student account will be for tuition/books only. Student cannot use scholarship monies for any purpose other than those specifically stated.
**The scholarship will be open to any full-time freshman residing in Wilson County to any college/university in Tennessee.
Download Application To Apply - CLICK HERE