Mike Baker Scholarship
Sponsored by Lebanon Wilson County Chamber of Commerce, Wilson County Promotions and Wilson Bank & Trust for $500.00 each for a total of $1500.00. Cumberland University will provide matching funds for a total scholarship of $3,000.00
- Student must be an entering transfer or returning full-time student to Cumberland University.
- Student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Student must be accepted to Cumberland University.
- Student must submit the requested information on or before the specified deadline.
Student must provide the requested information in the following order:
1. Completed application
2. Essay (limited to two pages) to include:
- Why you wish to attend or return to Cumberland University**
- Why this scholarship is important to you
- Why you deserve this scholarship
- Any special considerations you wish the committee to consider
3. Letter of intent to attend Cumberland University specifying beginning semester
4. Transcripts verifying Grade Point Average (Transcripts should be from all schools attended)
5. Signed release of information to Cumberland University
6. Two letters of reference
1. Application completed and returned to the Lebanon Wilson Chamber of Commerce Office on April 18, 2019 by 4:30 p.m.
2. Scholarship Committee review applications by April 25, 2019 and choose three finalists.
- Vice-Chairperson of Lebanon Wilson County Chamber of Commerce Education Division will serve as Committee Chair.
- Members of Committee will be appointed by Committee Chair.
3. Candidates not selected are notified by mail. Finalists notified by phone.
4. Interview may be required.
5. Candidates notified of decision upon completion of the process.
6. Scholarship Recipients will be notified by May 9, 2019 and will be asked to attend the May Education Committee meeting.
7. Scholarship checks written to Cumberland University on behalf of winner. Money deposited in student account will be for tuition/books purposes only. Student cannot use scholarship monies for any purpose other than those specifically stated.
**The scholarship will be open first to any returning full-time student, second to any entering transfer, and third to any entering full-time student to Cumberland University. If no student qualifies under these guidelines, the scholarship will be opened up to any full-time freshman residing in Wilson County planning to attend any college/university in Tennessee, but no matching funds will be provided.
Download Application To Apply - CLICK HERE