Dr. Robert Carver Bone Scholarship
Sponsored by Lebanon Wilson Country Chamber of Commerce for $500.00
Cumberland University will provide matching funds for a total scholarship of $1,000.00
- Student must be an entering as full-time freshman residing in Wilson County**
- Student must have a minimum ACT score of 20 or SAT of 1060
- Student must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Student must be accepted to Cumberland University**
- Student must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Student must submit all the requested information on or before the specified deadline
Student must provide the requested information in the following order:
1. Completed application
2. Essay (limited to two pages) to include:
a. Why you wish to attend Cumberland University
b. Why this scholarship is important to you
c. Why you deserve this scholarship
d. Any special considerations you wish the committee to make
3. Letter of intent to attend Cumberland University specifying beginning semester
4. Transcripts verifying Grade Point Average (Transcripts should be from all schools attended)
5. Copy of ACT results
6. Copy of FAFSA
7. Signed release of information to Cumberland University
8. Two letters of reference from teacher or guidance counselor
1. Application completed and returned to the Lebanon Wilson Chamber of Commerce Office by 4:00 p.m. on April 12, 2017
2. Scholarship Committee reviews applications by April 26, 2017 and chooses three finalists.
a. Vice-Chairperson of Lebanon Wilson County Chamber of Commerce Education Division will serve as
b. Members of Committee will be appointed by Committee Chair.
3. Candidates not selected are notified by mail. Finalists notified by phone.
4. Interview may be required.
5. Candidates will be notified of decision upon completion of the process.
6. Scholarship recipients will be notified by May 10, 2017 and ask to attend Education Committee Meeting on May 23, 2017.
7. Scholarship checks are written to winner’s University of Choice on behalf of winner. Money deposited in student account will be for tuition/books only. Student cannot use scholarship monies for any purpose other than those specifically stated.
**The scholarship will be open first to any full-time freshman residing in Wilson County to Cumberland University and second to any full-time freshman residing in Wilson County to any college/university in Tennessee. No matching funds provided for students not attending Cumberland University.
Download Application To Apply - CLICK HERE